On this page:
• Advent Workshop - Tuesday, December 1
• Who Wants To Be An Angel This Christmas Season
• Advent and Christmas Worship Schedule
Advent Workshop - Tuesday, December 1
Advent is just around the corner ... Let the time of preparation and waiting begin.
The Boards of Church Growth and Christian Education invite all ages to come together on Tuesday, December 1.
6:00 PM Potluck -- bring a dish to share if you are able
6:45 PM Advent workshop -- create ornaments, decorate cookies, make an Advent wreath, enjoy holiday music and one another's company
Hope to see you there!
Who Wants To Be An Angel This Christmas Season
Here are three ways ....
Women's Advocates is a safe place where battered women and their children can escape domestic violence. Besides providing shelter, they also give personalized support, advocacy, education and resources for nearly 1,000 women and children every year. The first shelter in the nation for battered women, Women's Advocates opened its doors in St. Paul in 1974.
1. Buy a Target gift card for $25 or less. Once again this Christmas season, we are partnering with Women's Advocates domestic violence shelter. The gift cards are for the moms to buy gifts for their children — clothes, shoes, books, music, toys. Women's Advocates request gift cards from Target only; they distribute the cards to the women, transport the moms to the store, and let them do the shopping for their child/ren.
2. Buy a small gift for Women’s Advocates. New this year … if you’d rather buy an actual gift, here are items that they would welcome: new pajamas, underwear, socks – all sizes, for boys, girls, women. New children’s games, coloring or activity books, crayons, colored pencils, and books for all ages – infant, child, teen, adult. Please note: they cannot distribute materials that have a religious focus.
3. Alternative Christmas. The Board of Mission & Witness will once again make it easy for you to give a gift in someone’s honor or memory by supporting a non-profit. Why not give a holiday gift by contributing to a charity?
OK, so how and when does all this happen?
Carol-Ann Bloom or Pastor Victoria will collect Target gift cards on four Sundays: November 29, December 6, 13, 20
Bring UNWRAPPED items for Women’s Advocates to church anytime from November 29th thru December 20th
Members of the Board of Mission & Witness will staff tables for “Alternative Christmas” on Sundays December 6, 13 and 20
What's at the heart of Christmas? Jesus' gift love for us! So let's think how we can give to those in need. If you have any questions, please contact Carol-Ann Bloom.
Advent and Christmas Worship Schedule
1st Sunday of Advent
Sanctuary Choir sings
2nd Sunday of Advent
Sacrament of Holy Communion
Sanctuary Choir sings
Meghan and Adam Gordon dance
3rd Sunday of Advent
Choral Sunday - music by the Sanctuary Choir, guest harpist and cellist, congregational singing, and readings
4th Sunday of Advent
THURSDAY, December 24 Christmas Eve
4:00 PM Inter-generational Service
10:00 PM Candlelight Service
1st Sunday After Christmas
Informal worship service with singing of carols
This page last modified on November 20, 2015